Payment Options Explained
Each of our charity challenges can be funded in two different ways. You will need to decide which option is best for you, before you register on your challenge. See table below for further information. You can obtain full costs for each of the challenges by visiting their respective web pages.
Option A – Raising a Minimum Sponsorship
- Participant pays Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges and then raises the minimum sponsorship for their chosen Charity.
- Participant sends 80% of the minimum sponsorship and pledges for the remaining 20% to their chosen Charity at least 11 weeks prior to the departure date of the Challenge. All outstanding sponsorship MUST be sent to the Charity within six weeks of completing the Challenge.
- The Charity will be invoiced by Global for the balance of the Challenge 10 weeks prior to departure.
From snowy peaks...
...to trekking steps...
...to sunsets - we've got it!
Option B – Self-Funding Option
- Participant sends Registration Form to Global Adventure Challenges, together with the Registration Fee.
- 11 weeks prior to departure, an invoice will be sent to the participant for the cost of the Challenge.
- Although there is no minimum sponsorship required, you can, if you wish raise additional funds for your Charity. Any sponsorship collected MUST be sent to the Charity as agreed with the Charity.
Please contact us if you would like to spread the cost of your registration fee over consecutive months.
Additional Costs to Participants
- Cost of getting to and from UK airport
- Travel Insurance (find out more)
- Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharges – these charges fluctuate on a daily basis and once you have registered we will write to you with further information.
- Visa Application (where applicable)
- Administration Fee £60 plus VAT (if participant extends their stay following end of challenge)
- Administration Fee £60 plus VAT if a participant transfers to a future challenge. (NB the administration fee for transfers on the Peru Inca Trail challenge will be £195 plus £12.00 VAT if trail permits have already been purchased at the time a transfer request is received).